Saturday, May 12, 2007

Shopping

Being right in the middle of the production line of the world, I had to go around looking for cheap goods, right? Wandering around the streets of Guangzhou after lunch, I was amazed at the shops around - they range from the top end, air-conditioned shops selling top brands like "Levis", to small dark shops in the alleys selling anything from bags, souvenirs, unbrellas to cold drinks. I expected the prices of the wares they sell to be very low, since everything could well have been made within a hundred kilometers away, and labour was so cheap. I was wrong. Looking through the wares they sell, I found that they are selling at prices higher than what I'll expect. Cheap for us tourists, but might not be so for the locals. HK$68 for a pair of shoes is considered very cheap for us, though I really had expected the price to be about HK$30, because the cost price shouldn't exceed HK$10.



Streets of shophouses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home